“In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us.” -Flora Edwards
VISION: The revitalization of New Orleans will take all of her citizens working together, not only in their own homes and neighborhoods but across the city. The Neighbor 2 Neighbor Initiative (N2N) is about sharing in each other’s work: sharing the workload by volunteering; sharing knowledge by both teaching and learning from our neighbors.
N2N encourages residents to volunteer for events and service projects outside of their own neighborhood in an effort to foster collaboration and strengthen the connections of the Neighborhoods Partnership Network (NPN). N2N also offers opportunities for NPN member organizations to fulfill their in-kind contribution of volunteer hours. They can choose from a variety of events and service projects hosted by N2N Partner organizations and neighborhood associations.
How to Participate in the Neighbor 2 Neighbor Initiative:
- Choose a N2N opportunity for which you and/or members of your organization would like to volunteer.
- Complete the Neighbor 2 Neighbor Form for Volunteering Neighborhood/Organization and submit to NPN at least 2 days before the event (Thursday for a weekend event). Find the form below or under Resources. A NPN staff member will then confirm your participation.
- Print a copy of the Neighbor 2 Neighbor Sign-In to take to the event. Find the form below or under Resouces.
- At the event, your volunteers must sign in and sign out on the Neighbor 2 Neighbor Sign-In. Please make sure your volunteers know with whom to sign in. You may want to have the on-site volunteer coordinator or registration table handle the sign in sheet.
- At the close of the event, the Neighbor 2 Neighbor Sign-In must be signed by a contact person with the hosting neighborhood or organization. This is to verify your participation and to ensure your hosts recognize your contribution to their event/service project.
- Return the signed Neighbor 2 Neighbor Sign-In to NPN either in person, by fax or by mail.
For more information about the Neighbor 2 Neighbor Initiative, contact or call 504-940-2207.
All NPN member neighborhood associations are considered N2N Partners! If your neighborhood has an upcoming volunteer opportunity, please contact Nora McGunnigle: or 504-940-2207. For nonprofits interested in becoming N2N Partners, please see the guidelines below:
Neighbor 2 Neighbor Form for Volunteering Neighborhood/Organization
Neighbor 2 Neighbor Sign-In
Neighbor 2 Neighbor Partner Guidelines
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = (‘https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘http://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);