Overview The mission of the Broadmoor Development Corporation (BDC) is to enhance the economic well-being of the Broadmoor neighborhood. The BDC is currently engaged in activities to eliminate blight in the neighborhood which includes new construction for sale, renovation for homebuyers and current homeowners, and the maintenance of green space.
As part of its efforts to develop affordable, storm resilient and energy efficient housing, the BDC is building and renovating over 20 properties in the Eastern part of the neighborhood. Professional assistance from a person or team with the expertise in the areas of marketing and community outreach will help advance these activities. Through this request for qualifications the BDC is seeking a Homebuyer Outreach Consultant to identify qualified individuals and create a pipeline of at least 300 potential home buyers.
The Homebuyer Outreach Consultant is responsible for:
• Creating and providing a copy of the outreach strategy to identify buyers for the houses being built and/ or renovated by the Broadmoor Development Corporation. This strategy will focus on identifying without limitation Broadmoor residents, First Responders, Teachers, and Health Care Workers.
• Meeting or exceeding monthly goals for securing qualified homebuyer applicants.
• Taking an initial assessment of potential homebuyers and supporting the BDC’s homebuyer activities.
• Weekly reporting on outreach activities and potential homebuyers.
• Two or more years of professional experience, preferably in housing, outreach or related activities.
1. Able to interact well with diverse groups, make public presentations, and facilitate group workshops.
2. Knowledge of housing issues in the City of New Orleans.
3. Background in consumer credit issues, assessment and triage methods to screen potential applicants.
4. Strong organization and communication skills.
5. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
6. Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
7. Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP and Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and specifically Access). Database management skills are necessary.
8. Bilingual skills preferred.
1. This position requires travel within the City of New Orleans, applicant must have reliable transportation.
2. A high level of time flexibility, excellent time management and self-direction skills are also required.
The BDC Strongly encourages the participation of minority, women and disabled business entrepreneurs and will use experience, reference of work done previously and cost reasonableness as the basis for selection. The BDC is an EEO employer and will ensure that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Please e-mail your information to Alyssa Beck, or mail to Broadmoor Development Corporation, 3900 General Taylor Street New Orleans, LA 70125.