The Community Engagement Working Group is community organizers, cultural bearers and community leaders, as well as members of neighborhood associations and churches who will represent their respective groups in the process to develop a 10-year Housing Plan for the City of New Orleans.
Specifically, the Community Engagement Working Group will:
- Meet once a month, with 2015 dates determined by consensus.
- Collect information from community members, possibly by attending community group meetings.
- Facilitate the Community Review Board.
- Manage the Special Edition of the Trumpet.
- Organize strategic community outreach and a Housing Summit.
- Handle the launch event for HousingNOLA and media throughout the process.
- Select members of the community to add to the Leadership Board.
All meetings are held from 6 to 7:30 pm at the Sojourner Truth Neighborhood Center, 2200 Lafitte Street.
Thursday, February 19th
Wednesday, March 11th
Wednesday, April 15th
Wednesday, May 13th
Wednesday, June 10th
Wednesday, July 15th
Wednesday, August 12th
Wednesday, September 9th
Wednesday, October 14th
This is one of three Working Groups in the HousingNOLA process. The first meeting was held on December 3, 2014 and the co-chairs, one resident and one practitioner, were selected by the group at the second meeting on January 7, 2015. The Community Engagement Working Group is made up of a diverse array of individuals who are actively gathering input from their communities on the desired future of housing in New Orleans. If you'd like more information, please contact Lindsey Lewis at email@example.com